This module explores philosophical and ethical questions in civil engineeirng, as well as providing a basic introduction into Technology Assessment.
After having completed the course you:
• know the basic philosophical issues in engineering knowledge;
• can better recognise and analyse ethical and social aspects and problems inherent in technology and in the work of professionals and managers active in the design, development, management and control of technology.
• have insight into how these ethical and social aspects and problems are related to legal, political and organisational backgrounds.
• are able to explore and assess possibilities for solving or diminishing existing and emerging ethical and social problems that attach to technology and the work of professionals and managers.
• are better prepared to perform your future work as a professional or manager in the design, development, production and control of technology in an ethical and socially responsible way.