Aedes is looking for – Intern Development
Who we are:
On the surface, we’re a property investor and hospitality company. But at Aedes we like to think we have more to offer. We believe unconditionally in creating places with heart and soul that have a positive impact. Our places strive to perfect the art of hospitality for everyone. Every day. This drives every Aedes Place and guides all decisions. The highest quality and the greatest attention to detail help create places where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves.
From Burgerziekenhuis, a former hospital turned into ‘The Manor’ hotel, to the Bungehuis, a striking 1930s trading office that now hosts Soho House Amsterdam, our expansive portfolio creates a tangible link between past and present. And gives each building new meaning and substance.
We are more than property investors.
We are historians, curators, and storytellers.
And now, we’re hoteliers too.
Good question. It would be interesting if we have a few things in common. So, let’s talk about you. And us. Together.
We love what we do. That’s why we always go the extra mile and have a strong sense of responsibility. We tackle the tough stuff without ever taking ourselves too seriously. It’s our real interest that moves us forward and motivates us to develop new ways of thinking.
When you work for us, we work for you. We want you to be confident, creative, and share our passion for excellence. And we aim to give you the power to succeed. We do this by making you feel welcome, supported, heard and safe in your working environment.
As an intern you will be part of the Development team.
What you will do & learn:
• Work closely alongside the project management and development team on projects;
• Request and assess drawings and quotes from third parties;
• Shadow on-site construction;
• Research innovative and sustainable building solutions;
• Help organize events;
• Take notes and prepare minutes.
You in a nutshell:
• Are an eager beaver;
• Are hands-on and understand that there is no ‘I’ in ‘team’;
• Are structured;
• Like to think outside the box and bring new ideas to the table;
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail;
• Follow a study in the field of Architecture, Engineering or Real Estate.
What’s in it for you:
• 6 months internship;
• 40-hour work week;
• Monthly allowance of 600 euro;
• Steep learning curve on high-profile projects;
• Collegial and fun working atmosphere. (We have our own bar in the office);
• Healthy and fresh lunch. Great coffee;
• Team outings.
Like what you read? Let us know by sending a personal note and your cv to email@example.com