Real Estate Development Data Analyst
citizenM hotels is a fully integrated hotel real estate investor, property developer, operator and lifestyle hotel brand. We are currently operating ca 20 hotels with a similarly sized development pipeline. This provides us with an incredibly rich dataset to collect, transform, and analyze in order to improve the effectiveness of our development activities, enhance the value proposition and at the same time improve the guest experience.
citizenM is a hotel providing affordable luxury for the mobile citizens of the world. With style that’ll knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design driven, and cost conscious.
We currently have hotels in Amsterdam, London, Glasgow, New York and Paris, with more to come in Europe, USA and Asia. We are proud to have put the hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach.
The Development Data Analyst provides insights on all hotel real estate related data available at citizenM. This includes designing and implementing a bespoke real estate data environment and enriching our current real estate data sets, with the aim to perform analyses on our current cost outflow in citizenM’s global development process, obtaining cost data in our target markets from several sources, aligning and optimizing the format of our detailed breakdown of existing and future development projects and providing clear overviews of the current and historic project details.
The Development Data Analyst also tracks local construction market developments on labor and material escalation, and when available tender indices and construction activity.
He/She prepares analyses and insights on the above in presentable format to better understand trends and to identify attention points for the development and project management teams. All information will be prepared in such way it can be integrated in citizenM’s Virtual Design & Construction project and other data projects at citizenM.
The Development Data Analyst is not preparing cost estimates for (new) development projects, will not be directly involved in tender process and will not do development control reporting. His/Her task is focused on analyzing the costs incurred, study trends in costs, timelines, project efficiencies and markets, providing overviews and comparisons between projects in the development and operational phases of our hotels. He/She will prepare reports to enable the senior management to better understand where optimizations can be achieved.
The Development Data Analyst will form part of citizenM’s Business Intelligence team and on a daily basis will work very closely with citizenM’s Asset Management Teams, most notably the Project Management Team.
- analysis of cost data among projects on relevant metrics, including m2/sqft, project timing and other relevant drivers
- prepare comparisons between projects/hotels and analyze delta’s
- analyze global construction sector market reports on costs in order to anticipate on regional market price escalations and on future market developments
- follow market tender conditions per region
- pro-actively collecting cost generic knowledge for new markets in order to support acquisition & rollout efforts
- makes suggestions to mitigate cM’s development risks
- provide insights on operational real estate-related activities (such as maintenance)
- formalize and optimizes reporting formats and cost trackers
- prepare a quarterly Development Data Analysis report to the Asset Management Team (AMT)
Qualifications / Skills
- masters degree
- 3-5 years experience
- education in data science/analytics
- preferably (but not mandatory) basic knowledge of real estate construction
- proficient with (descriptive & inferential) statistics and data analytics
- experience with analytical, visualization and statistical tools (such as PowerBI, SPSS); and knowledge of big data analytics (such as R, Python, SQL)
- fluent in implementing visualizations, dashboards
- strong communication skills – both written and oral, solid experience with IT systems
- fluent in English and preferably a second language
- hands on mentality
- team player
- passionate attitude